miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2012

Post 9: English Language challenges


Today's topic is a kind of self evaluation of the english course. I'll start by saying that english is one of the languages that I really like, mainly because the academic topics that I like have the most prestigious publications written in english. Also a great part of the news and information of my hobbies are written in this foreign language. So, since several years so far that I'm reading a lot of english and it has helped me a lot to learn a lot of vocabulary.
Regarding to the english at the university I think it has helped me quite a lot to improve my listening and speaking skills because I heard english every week since clasess started (except the days that I was absent). The use of the blogs sessions have helped me to practice my written skills but I must confess that I wans't very exited about writing my blog and that's because this classes were so late that most of the time I didn't have so much energy left. Some times the topics of the blogs weren't so entertaining to me and it was very dificult to reach the required number of words.

Now talking about the aspects of my english that need to be improved I definitely need to get better in the speaking part and I'm not still good enough writing, but sadly I have no immediately plans to get better.

Outside the english class, when it comes to speak with other people I'm not using my english at all, but as I said before, when it comes to read I use my english almost every day because I usually visit some websites and I also read some articles that are completely written in english. I also watch some videos and TV channels in wich the host are english speakers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario