miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2012

Post 8: My Future Job


Certainly it's difficult to predict the future (making reference to my future job), but I'm pretty sure about what I want to do.

Respecting to my major I'm thinking of taking an Archaeology related one but I'm not really sure yet. I'm considering to study something related with heritage because I think that the conservation of our archaeological herritage it's very important mainly because it's priceless. Also I'm very interested in how the archaeological knowledge is passed to the "common" people because there are several myths or false theories (for example all the 2012 Maya or end of the world theories). In the same way the people really don't know much about how did the people live in the sames territories we use nowadays but in the past.
For these reasons I would like to get a Job related as a researcher in a museum, so in that way I could do some investigation to draw the attention of the public and kids to be more interested in archaeological related themes and I could help in the difficult labour of getting closer with the past.
The more important aspects to make my desition with a particular job would be that the project of the institution to be closer to my own interest (for example to spread the archaeological knowledege to the population). Another important aspect would be in a great work atmosphere.
If I were asked about my strenghts, I would say that when I'm really interested in a Job it became my passion and also I'm good when it comes to explain a subject or teaching something. On the other side I'm terrible at working in a subject that I don't really like.

1 comentario:

  1. I am doing a major in archaeology, and I think that you need be prepared to answer this question: Why own production of knowledge is better or the truth and the knowledge of the other people, common people, aren't? I think that the scientific method don`t work just because, and the consequences to work unconsciously can be worst than you can imagine.

    ResponderEliminar