miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2012

Post 6: Literature and books

Since I was a child (even before I coud read from my own) that I love cience related topics. In that time, when I wasn't able to read, my grandfather used to read me about topics that I was interested like dinosaurs, paleontology, archaeology, etc.

That background sparked my interest in the books but not from every kind (I'm not a bookworm), for example I don't like to read novels and I must admit that I'm a kind of lazy when it comes to that kind of reading, because I only read from time to time or when I have a lot of free time. On the other side, my career demands me to read a lot and I'm some cases (in my opinion) is more important than the classes so the attendance is not so necessary.

As I said before, as a child I loved to read about paleontology or archaeology from books or magazines and I didn't like so much novels or fictional storys. In fact I remember that I received some books as a present during my childhood that I never read.  But with the time and when I was at school I discovered some interesting storys and character that take me back to the fictional stories  like "Sherlock Holmes" or "Robin Hood", so one of my favourite writers is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.


A few weeks ago, I read a book for a class called "The Anthropologist as Author" written by Clifford Geertz and I really liked and took me a couple days to read because it's not too long. The autor discuss the role of the anthropologist as a writter and analyzes the way that 3 important anthropologist make their texts. If you like Anthropology you must read it!

1 comentario:

  1. I always admire to people that decide since was a child their profession or vocation. Thats is amazing and is great an awesome that told you about science things when your was a child. Thats give your a plus, and that important things :)

    ResponderEliminar